My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

17 November 2008

Since I haven't written in a few days, I thought I'd finally write. Brian has been really busy playing in a band. The band is called The Trip, and they needed a bass player to fill in for a guy that works for Brian's company that has another band. Well, he's practiced a few nights, and then he's played a bar once. This weekend is going to be the busy one though. He's got a show on Friday night, which sadly I can't go because it's at a bar, but on Saturday, the band is opening for none other than Brett Michaels! Sweet, I know, right?! I most likely can go to that one since they normally do all age shows for "big" name peeps. It's up in Park City at the Star Bar, which is also cool. Then lastly, there's one more show on Monday night. *Sigh* it's hopefully going to be a long weekend.

Brian decided that he's needed a new bass. Well, he's wanted one for the last few years, and being in the band I think motivated him. He got a really good deal out of it, too, along with his amp. Getting almost $2500 off is just amazing! And he sounds so much better now! His other bass he's had since he was 14, so it was time for an upgrade. And his old amp, I'm about to go take a bat to it in the street. The one he has now is 250 watts, the old one only had 25....heh. I love seeing what he loves to do, and I'd love to finally go see him play live. He said he had a bit of a hard time since it's the first time since highschool since he's played in front of an audience. He'll get over that quick though.

Today I finally finished Breaking Dawn (For those of you who don't know, that's the 4th book of the Twilight series). Took me 2.5 weeks to finish all four. If I didn't have other priorities, I would've gotten them done sooner. Oh well. I'm just anxious for another book now. I think I'll start Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" this weekend maybe. I do need to start up on my cross stitching again. It's been lacking for a while now. I've gotten a quarter of the way done on it, and I started on it in the summer I believe. It's taking way too long.

Sadie has some stupid obsession with this green football that I got her for her birthday. Boy, that was a mistake. She actually paws at it to make it squeak. She also throws it at us while we're laying on the couch. Brian put it on our ledge in the living room/kitchen area on the edge, and she got on the stairs and tried to jump for it! Stupid mutt fell and broke one of the posts on our banister. I freaked out touching her everywhere on her body to make sure she didn't break anything, but her balance has been off lately. She's been walking into walls, and then Brian threw one of her toys, and she jumped into the wall. She has such a personality sometimes!

Anyway, other than all that, life's good.

No comments: