Last night my mom invited me to one of her church activities. They were etching names into Pyrex dishes, and also doing some little Christmas or Thanksgiving decorations. I had a lot of fun doing stuff with my mom and grandma. Arianne was supposed to go, but she decided to go to something with her church. I wish she would have come. It's nice hanging out with her. Oh well, we'll be getting together this Saturday for the Twilight movie!!!!
The church is the one I used to go to with my parents back in the day. Now before anyone gets huffy, I'm gonna defend myself. The lady that claims that her son had stopped going to church because of me was there. Halfway through the night, she comes and whispers in my ear "I'm surprised you've lasted this long." The gall this lady has to make such snide comments to someone else, it just flabbergasts me! I do say on the defensive side of a few LDS people that I know are some of the most awesome people I know. It's just sad that there are these few who snub other people because they aren't the same as them, that give them a bad name. A good example of a few good people I know are a couple people that I actually work with. Both accept people for who they are, and not what they do. They are, in general, just very nice people, and I appreciate the ones who don't stick their noses up at me.
I just want to know why people think that just because they are a certain religion, or whatever that that makes them better than someone else. It's not true in the least. When I went to church, I did listen to what I was being "taught" (I was in fact, one of the bishops daughters). What I took from that church was that you need to treat everyone as you wanted to be treated. Respect people for who they are, and what the LDS church teaches is to be "Christ-like". This lady, and some of my own family in fact, just don't give anyone else the chance to be liked because they aren't "Mormon". To turn the other cheek because you don't want to make friends with, or talk to someone who is not a "member" is so absurd. Whatever happened to just being kind to everyone no matter what the other person does. I definitely cannot say I haven't been nice ALL of the time, but I try. I'm there for anyone who needs me, and I just want that in return. What I'm really trying to say is hear me out, don't judge because I am not religious, and have left a church. I think that I'm a good person, and my friends and most of my family do to. I understand that you don't agree with everything I do or say, but it's my life. Don't make rude remarks when they aren't warranted. Don't judge me on account of not being something you want me to be. I'm living my life to the best of my abilities.


4 comments:
If I ever met that lady I'd give her a piece of my mind. I hope I'm one of the people you don't think sticks my nose up at you. I think you're awesome. :)
P.S. those decorations are really cute! I'm bad at getting little crafts like those to turn out as good as yours.
That dish is SO COOL!
I think you get more-holier-than-thou anywhere really. That's why they say the gospel is perfect, but the members aren't.
I concur. You should punch that bitch in the nose. It's people like her that give people like me the stigma of "oh, so you're a MORMON." Ugh! I'm really sorry you've had to deal with that. But thanks for not holding it against those of us who aren't like that.
Your crafts turned out REALLY cute!! Glass etching is so fun and surprisingly easy!!
Totally agreed, cous!!!
Post a Comment