Brian's doctor's appointment went ok on Monday. He didn't have an infection (says the doc), which was a relief, but he developed a spider-vein where the varicose vein once was. They gave him an injection of some sort, and I have never seen him wince from pain before. I felt so helpless. I hate how doctor's think they know everything though. I was trying to tell him what was wrong, he wouldn't listen "no, it's a spider-vein". I was trying to tell him he had little lumps down his leg, but no, he wouldn't hear of it. Well, explain to me why there's lumps further down in his leg along the line of where his varicose vein was! He's got one on the ball of his ankle, too, but we'll see if this injection he's getting works.
I go in for testing next week for my stomach. My mom went to the fair for her chiropractor (I don't know why, maybe it was a health fair? Who knows?), and she was talking to this lady there. She was explaining her symptoms to my mom, and my mom thought of me naturally. This lady has Celiac Sprue (aka Celiac Disease). I really wasn't tested for anything when I first had my problems. I just had this unbearable pain in my stomach that started my sophomore year of highschool. Some days I couldn't even get out of bed, and so I stayed home from school. My parents felt so helpless. My mom and dad at one point thought I had appendicitis, but I was having the pain on my left side just under the ribs. My mom said some people experienced the pain there. We went to instacare to avoid the ER. They said my spleen was enlarged, but I already knew that. I had a relapse of Mononucleosis that year, and wasn't fully recovered. Well, I finally got into my pediatrician, and they recommended me to go see a gastroenterologist. They are so hard to get into that we had to wait for 4 months (it still makes me wonder!). When we finally went to her, we explained my symptoms, and she diagnosed* without a single test. I was put on medication, and it seemed to start to help, but up until now, I've just been trying different things left and right.
I've gone off of soda completely (except for the occasional drink), I've changed my diet several different times with different combos. No relief. I avoid really anything that upsets your stomach. I'm thinking my doctor is going to request an elimination diet (which I've read up on, and it's not going to be easy!), or a combonation of a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I have had a new gastroentorologist, and he was curious as to why I didn't have one before, but I really don't want to go through that if I don't have to.
Anywho, enough of our health problems.
*diagnosis being held for "privacy"


1 comment:
Holy Cow! I hope you guys are ok! Doctors = no bueno! Anyways, yes, we must do something soon.
Post a Comment