Every morning during the week, I am the first to get up because I take longer to get ready. After Brian got out of the shower this morning, he starts looking at his thigh. Out of curiosity, I ask him what's wrong. He said that he thinks his leg is infected. I go and look at it, and sure enough, he's got a few lumps on the inside where he had his surgery.
A little over 3 years ago Brian was experiencing heaviness in his legs, and his feet were swelling. His dad had his veins stripped years ago, and so I think he recognized the symptoms. He went into a vein specialist, and sure enough, the blood wasn't getting back to his heart very well. He was scheduled for 2 separate surgeries. About 2 years ago, his leg was hurting, and had the lumpiness. We went to the ER, and they did an ultrasound on his leg. There was infection in his leg. I think they ended up putting him on broad spectrum antibiotics, and we were there for over 4 hours (that was fun). So I wasn't about to sit back and watch this happen again. If we could catch this thing before it got too aggressive, that'd be great. So I called up his doctor's office, and they had a cancellation today. I didn't know if Brian wanted me to call them or not, but I did because I just wanted a doctors opinion. They wanted him in ASAP, and so we're scheduled in today. I want to avoid the ER if we can.
I always think that it's funny because Brian had an ultrasound way before I ever did, and has had a lot more too. I didn't have one until they did the echocardiogram on my heart a year ago. Fun stuff.


No comments:
Post a Comment