As you all may know, Brian and I bought a house in February. Well, here we are, 9 months after we've bought it, and I have so many projects in mind. I thought I'd type them up so I wouldn't forget.
The house was built in 2001. You'd think that the house wouldn't be in bad shape at all, right? WRONG! We tore up all the carpet (SO NASTY!!! I felt so gross after pulling it up!), repainted (would you believe that they painted the walls true green, and purple? Like Mardi Gras colors?!), cleaned the house from top to bottom! Also, we think that multiple families lived in the house, so it was overall, just dirty. Well, I've been battling bugs too (I've had the house sprayed, and have used numerous bug sprays on my own).
So a list of my projects are as follows:
1- Get rid of the stinking bugs!
2- Paint the kitchen cabinets
3- Remodel both bathrooms (this includes in the master: a new jetted tub, a pedestal sink, new toilet, tile, new paint [again!], new mirror with built in cabinet, and a new cabinet over the toilet since we have limited storage)
4- Finish out the basement (they called it a crawl space, but what crawl space has a 9-foot drop?!)
5- Tile the kitchen, and knock down the "make-shift wall" and continue the tile through there. Also new countertops to replace our beautiful PINK ones!
6- Put in a new banister or just knock the one down (I hate it, and Sadie broke one of the posts when she was jumping for something and fell)
7- Redo the back porch - we want something more open, and something we can put a bbq on
8- Get a fence up, even if it's not a REALLY nice one
9- Paint our bedroom (I'm already sick of the tan/grayish looking paint!)
10- Pave more of the driveway so we can have better parking. Along with up the side of the south side of the house, since grass really doesn't grow there)
11- Build out our porch out front to have an extended feel
Seems like a long list, but some of these things are a few years down the road. I'm just antsy to start on these things. I think I'll be starting on the cupboards soon though! I can't stand the basic oak cabinets. They're so ugly. We have a black table, so I'm thinking of painting them black!


No comments:
Post a Comment