My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

24 November 2008

Friday I had my doctors appointment, and can I say that my doctor is pretty awesome! Most doctors don't sit and listen to you (as I found out with Brian's doctor for his leg! UGH!). But Dr. Cutler is so nice and listens to everything I had to say. Anyway, he wants to do a full workup on me, which includes an Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, and blood-work. He had me scheduled for this next Monday, the 1st of December.

I was talking to my dad, and thank goodness he told me to call my insurance to see what they would cover. I've only been on Brian's insurance since September, and we have not met our $1,000 deductible yet (of course we haven't! We've only had 2 doctors appointments since then!), it'll be $1,000 out of pocket. I really don't have that kind of money right now, especially with Christmas coming up, plus debt I'm trying to get rid of. I know it's probably a good procedure to go through to see what's wrong with me, but I just can't afford it. I'm just going to go in for blood-work, and see if that turns up anything. If it doesn't, I'm just going to change my diet around here and there, and see if I can figure something out. I could also try different meds if needed since the ones that I'm on now don't do much for me anymore. I'll then see what I can do next year with the procedure, maybe go through with it. I just couldn't believe that it's $1,000, but I shouldn't be surprised. It doesn't seem like insurance covers much these days.

No comments: