My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

22 August 2008

So Offended

So tonight I went to one of my friends wedding reception. I went to show her my support as a friend, but I came out with so much more. I have never been so offended in my entire life!

I left "the church" (the LDS Church) because of my own personal feelings. I really don't want to go into it, because I have respect for other people. I was forced to go to church since I was old enough to comprehend what was going on. When I was younger, that's what my family did, so I went with them. When I was about oh, 10 or 11, I figured I wasn't a religious person, and probably went through what every kid does in whether they believe in a god or not. I figured out that this church was not right for me.

I am really appalled at what people have said and done to me. People are so closed minded, and so judgmental that sometimes I just wonder if they actually love me for who I am, not just because I'm their daughter, sister, cousin or whatever. Tonight I had one of the rudest things said to me that I never would have thought could have come out of this persons mouth. When I was in the youth group at my church, I had this leader. She seemed very nice, very accepting of everyone. Well, I haven't seen her in probably 3 years now. I saw her tonight at my friends reception. As I was leaving, she says to me, "My son Zach left the church because of you. He decided that because you said that you didn't have to go to church that he didn't have to." I walked out of the church with my mouth wide open appalled, and didn't even know what to think of what she said. Well, it sunk in.

I have to say, of all the religions out there, Mormonism seems to be the most judgmental, most unaccepting church out there. I just don't understand how a person can just turn their cheek because they don't believe in something that they do. I find religion as a whole very condescending.

I am a person who accepts people for WHO they are, and NOT what they DO. Just because I don't go to church does NOT make me a bad person. I just feel like some family and friends don't love me for who I am. And it's really sad to say. You go to church? Well, good for you. I won't tear you down as a person just because I don't believe in it. I'm very accepting of everyone and everything.

If you really want to tear down a person, blame me for all of your problems. I'm so sick of everyone trying to push religion on me, and that is not what I'm about. I accept you for who you are, so why don't you do the courtesy of returning the favor!

No comments: