My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

13 August 2008

Dental Problems

So last night as I was making dinner, I was snacking a bit on some chex mix. I was eating one of the pretzels when I realized that I couldn't chew something in my mouth. One of my teeth had broken. Don't get me wrong. I am one to brush my teeth and always have. I have weak enamel, so I always seem to have some sort of problem. My first root canal was when I was 6 years old, so if that tells you anything. My mom should have known that I was going to be one to go to the dentist every 3 months or so. Anyway, the tooth that had broken was one that has already had a root canal. I've needed 6 crowns for quite some time now, but money has been a huge issue. I applied for a Care Credit credit card for like the 3rd time, and I got approved today. It makes me happy that I'm going to be able to get my teeth fixed (and who knows, maybe down the road I'll be able to get veneers!).

I got so depressed last night. I was laying in bed last night, and just started crying. Brian was trying his best to comfort me, and tells me that everything will be ok, but I just have a hard time dealing sometimes. It just seems like I'm having health problem after health problem. I've always had dental problems, when I was 17 I was diagnosed with a stomach condition, I suffer from depression, and then last summer I was diagnosed with a heart condition known as Mitral Valve Prolapse. I've also recently been dealing with a planter wart (I know, gross, right?). I'm just constantly having doctors appointments left and right, and there's only so much I can handle. I'm sure my boss gets pretty frustrated, but my health comes first.

1 comment:

miss kristen said...

I'm sorry about your teeth. Those are the worst problems to have because they aren't viewed a "health problems" which I think is a load of crap.

Hang in there, and work can deal. They'll get over it.