My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

11 March 2009



Last Thursday we left for Vegas. We stopped in St. George for gas and to grab some lunch. We ate at Iceberg. While we were eating, I thought I saw my cousin who goes down to school in St. George. I just saw her out of the corner of my eye. After we finished eating, I went up to the counter and asked if Natalie worked there. Lo and behold, she did! Of all the places to stop at, we pick where she works! I still think it's funny.

After lunch we headed out for the hour and a half trip to Vegas from St. George. They are widening their freeways down in Vegas, so traffic was stop and go for about 15 minutes or so. We finally got to our hotel, and checked in at about4 Vegas time. We relaxed for a bit before we headed out on the strip.

We stayed at Excalibur, and it was nice because we weren't too far from some good casinos and other attractions. I think we gambled a little bit the first night, but we took it easy too.

Friday we walked over to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay. We gambled a bit there, and I won $90 off of $7. I was excited! LOL. We then walked the strip. I think we walked about 12 miles or so that day, and boy was I exhausted when we got back. We set out to see the lions or tigers at the Mirage, but they didn't have them for us to see for free anymore, so we started walking back to our hotel. We stopped for lunch at McD's, and we shopped a bit on the way back. I got 2 new wraps that you can use as skirts, shirts or dresses. They are pretty interesting and cute.

Brian's friends who he worked with at Subway a few years back joined us in Vegas on Friday (well technically early Saturday). We had breakfast with them at the Sherwood Forest Cafe in the hotel. They treated us to tickets to The Tournament of Kings at Excalibur for my birthday. I thought that was very nice of them! Brian and I have never seen it, and I was pretty interested in it when we got there, but I thought it was too expensive. After we got the tickets we went to Mandalay Bay to see the Aquarium. Pretty interesting. I've never seen sharks up close before... We then went to a bar at Mandalay Bay. Their service wasn't the greatest, so we left to Excalibur's bar.

Chris and Lisa wanted to go see Criss Angel's show that night, and both Brian and I weren't very interested in seeing it, so we told them to go and have fun. They went and bought their tickets, and we killed some time before The Tournament of Kings dinner. It was such a good show! And the dinner was pretty good. A whole chicken! Haha. I enjoyed it all. After that, Chris and Lisa went to the Criss Angel show, and Brian and I went to our room to relax before we were going to go on the Roller Coaster at New York New York. I've never been on it, and I wanted to go on it at night, so we got on the last ride for the night. It was fun, although I was extrememly tired.

Chris and Lisa had to leave on Sunday to get back to work and their wedding planning. So in the morning, we had breakfast with them, and then we went and saw the Bodies exhibit. That was pretty cool....and weird. They then headed off for Salt Lake, and I'm sure they got better weather than we did on Monday! After a while we had lunch at In-N-Out burger. Brian's never been there, so I hope he liked it! It was a mad rush though. After lunch we went and did some shopping, and then we went back to the hotel and gambled a bit. We then called it a night.

Monday we left about noon Salt Lake time. I think we should have left a little earlier, although I don't know if that would've helped much with the horrible snow storm. We stopped in Mesquite for lunch at Popeye's and then a beer run. We checked on the price of gas in Mesquite, but they're a lot higher than Utah. So I told Brian we should wait til St. George. We made it to Cedar City though. After that we hit rain, and then snow. Brian was getting a little bit worried about the snow pack on the freeway (it was getting icy and there was so much snow), so we got off on the Mona exit. Their's practically nothing there, and I had to go to the bathroom. We tried to get service on our phones, but barely could. We were trying to access the internet to see if there were any back roads he could take. There really weren't. I called my dad, and he told us to get back on the freeway and that the roads should be clearer the more north we go because the plows would be out nearer to the more populated cities. I turned Brian's hazards on, and we set out for at least Payson. We stopped at a WalMart so we could have a pit stop. The roads were a lot better there, but still some snow on them. People drove way to fast for the conditions. We then finally made it home about 7:30/8. It was a scary drive.

On Saturday, Erika called me and told me that Nathan and Jessica had Bailey. I was so sad that I couldn't be there to see her right away, so I had Erika send me a picture of her. She is such a cute little baby! She seems to be really healthy =). I saw her last night, and she was just sleeping away. She's so tiny! I can't believe how beautiful she is. She's so perfect! I already love my niece so much! She is such a miracle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys had fun, I know how much you've been looking forward to it! Sucks about the snowstorm but I'm glad you both made it home safely. And congrats again on being an Auntie. Bailey is adorable and I know we'll be seeing a lot more pics in the future. It is a relief she is doing so well. Hope things keep going in that direction!

Pete and Sum said...

What a fun trip! I agree with you- the bodies thing was a little weird! Your little niece is so cute! You will be a great auntie!!

::Kayla:: said...

Fun! Did u see my vegas blog?! Dude Manhattan hurts no?