My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

03 October 2008

Ok, here's about the wedding!

Here we are almost a month after being married. I've been getting these questions over and over: "How does being married feel?", "Do you feel any different now?". My reply each time is, I don't feel any different. We had been living together for over 2 years by the time we decided to get married. Anyway, I told everyone that I'd blog about the wedding, so here goes:

I awoke about 9:30 with a call from my mom to make sure I was up (of course she would call!). My day was supposed to start off with a manicure and pedicure and picking up Brian's tux. Brian was supposed to go with me, but he hadn't begun to put the music on his Zune for the reception (I asked him to do it on Thursday while I was doing my Bridals!). I ended up going by myself, which was probably better anyway because Brian can't stand the smell of nail salons for too long. I got a french pedicure and a fill on my nails. I just went with white because I wanted simple, yet elegant.

Following the nail salon, I went to pick up Brian's tux. Thank goodness that took less than 2 minutes to pick up! I was running out of time.

We hadn't gotten the plates and cups for the reception yet because we hadn't had a chance to make a trip to Zurchers. They were the cheapest in the valley for just clear plates and cups! We were originally trying to get everything from Costco, but they ended up not having the little plates or cups. Terrible! I decided to get a few balloons while we were there (in red and white of course!).

After running around, I finally got home to pick up Brian. He had picked up the flowers THANKFULLY! So we loaded everything into the truck that we needed. We had to go buy a few frames for the bridals and engagement pictures, then headed to my parents. They had been setting up all morning long, and I was so thankful for that to take the stress off my back. The centerpieces turned out to be way cute:
Codi, a girl that I used to work with showed up about 2:00 in the afternoon to get my hair done. We didn't end up getting started til about 3:00. I was doing last minute touches, plus people were fretting about how I hadn't eaten. My sister went to McDonald's and bought 18 double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu *gag!*. I choked one down, but I ended up regretting that after. I went up to get my hair done. Codi started off with a lot of ringlets, and we ended up only putting half my hair up. It turned out way cute.

While I was getting my hair done, Jennifer (MOH), Jamie and Kim (Brian's sisters and my bridesmaids) showed up. Jenn all done up in a beautiful black prom dress, and Jamie and Kim had there cute red matching dresses. My hair took about an hour and a half, so we were pushed for time!
Jamie did my makeup (she sells Mary Kay) beautifully. We went with natural colors, mostly browns. Everything she chose went beautifully on me. Finally about 4:30, I was able to get into my dress. I had my mom, my sister, and Jenn there to help me into it so I wouldn't smudge my makeup or ruin my hair. As my mom is pulling up the zipper, the judge comes up "Is she decent?!" I needed to sign the marriage certificate and pay him. My mom was appalled that he came up in the bedroom because she didn't have her room cleaned up. Well, he needed to talk to me alone. We just went over how the ceremony was supposed to go. B.J. then came up for the ring. My mom put my veil on (which my aunt made in a day!), and I was on my way down and outside.

My brother was probably the first to see me downstairs, and he told me how gorgeous I looked. I was then joined by my dad. He asked if he was walking me down the aisle! I told him that he's my dad, and of course he is! We were waiting for the judge's go-ahead, and realized I didn't have my bouquet!!! Erika went and got it for me and we were ready to go. Erika was holding my train, and I had my arm wrapped around my dad's. We start walking the long walk through the backyard.









Along the way, I guess I was walking fast. My dad just kept whispering "take it slow" and "there's no hurry". Well, we finally got to the aisle, and I couldn't believe how many people were there. I wasn't expecting that many. Arianne had said they set up about 40 chairs, and I wasn't even expecting that. The chairs were filled, and a lot of friends and family were standing in the back, and some brought up more chairs.


I finally got up to Brian, my soon-to-be husband. He had the look of adoration in his eyes as I walked up to him. The way the judge had us perform the marriage wasn't that of a traditional one. The marriage was performed with us facing our family and friends, and the judge to the side so we didn't have our backs to them. Unusual, but I liked it.
The judge began with having us acknowledge the people in our wedding party (parents, bridesmaid, best man, etc.). Then he had a person from each side of our family to give some advice. My dad spoke for my side, Brian's dad for his. B.J. (Brian's best man, cousin, and best friend) also spoke. As my dad began speaking, I was watching and listening. I look at my mom, and she is crying! I wasn't expecting that, but I started getting emotional. When I get emotional, my neck/chest starts to get red (really embarrassing!).

The judge started the ceremony. The usual run through on a ceremony... and then we exchanged rings.






Then

he

kissed

the

bride



The reception basically got started after the ceremony.

If you want to see other pictures, you can see them on my myspace page: www.myspace.com/sweetjennavieve

or my facebook account:
http://www.new.facebook.com/photos.php?id=626938314

I am working on setting up a wedding album also, so if you can't see either of these, you'll have access to the pictures.

All in all it was a busy, stressful, yet wonderful day. We are finally husband and wife. I love Brian more than anything, and I was happy to share that with everyone that was there, or was thinking about us. It was a beautiful day. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: