My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

07 January 2010

New Year, New Me

I've been desperately trying to change my outlook on life the past couple of years. I haven't been the most positive person, and in turn, have turned people away from me a number of times. Negativity became a way of life for me, and until recently, I haven't felt completely happy.

In my previous post, I talked about a lot of things that had gone on last year. 2009 wasn't the greatest year for me and my family, immediately and extended. I can tell you I've come to appreciate family more in this last year than ever. Sadly, tragedies and the like bring families extremely close.

The meaning of life has been redefined for me so many times, but not until recently has it changed me for the better. I use to be so negative, and didn't have the best outlook on life. So many times depression had gotten the best of me, and the will to even care about what happened to me didn't even matter. Not many of you know, but I was once a "cutter". At the time, it seemed like my only outlet. I had been doing that since I was about 11 years old. BUT I can tell you, I cannot remember the last time that I cut. Having a husband I know I can talk to has been the biggest strength for me. I still have the urges when I get down sometimes, but then I look back at the dozens and dozens of scars of my arms...

My goals have been set for 2010, and I know that many people make New Year's resolutions and don't stick to them, but I have a will stronger than I have had in a long time to achieve so much more in my life.
  • First off, as you can tell, I want to have a positive outlook on life. I want to keep people that are important to me in my life, and let them know how much they really do mean to me.
  • Second, I would like to lose weight. EVERYONE and their mom set this goal, but I've gained quite a bit of weight since highschool, and need to get my pant size down from a size 9/10. I would like to get down to a size 3/4, but realistically a 5/6 would make me happy.I've been eating healthier day by day, and have been noticing a slight difference. Tomorrow, Friday, I will be joining a gym up by my work and attending at least 3 times a week.
  • Third, remodels. We've already begun on the kitchen. We received some cash at Christmas time, and Brian has some left from his birthday that we'll be using to buy tile. We tore down a wall that was either a make-shift bedroom, or a family room. The previous owners built the wall over the carpet in that area. WHO DOES THAT?! Anyway, we ripped up the carpet as well because we wanted to run everything out to the dump at the same time. Saturday, we're going tile shopping. I have a few ideas paint wise on what I want to do, and then we'll go from there. I'm sure countertops would be next after the tile! :)
  • Lastly, I would like to get all the debts we have paid down. We already started by consolidating our credit cards. We brought our payments down from over $400 a month to less than $150. I had surgery in January 2009 for a cyst in my mouth from a root canal I had previously. Let's just say it wasn't a pretty penny! I've had the care credit credit card, and the no interest is about to expire, so I've got to get that transferred over to my CU as well.
I think all of my goals are attainable. I'm setting my mind to it!

Anywho, in other news, we went to the Jazz game last night. Brian's cousin, our roommate, BJ gave us tickets for Christmas. It hasn't been the greatest year for the Jazz at all, but they're always fun to go to. At every game they give everyone brochures with the player stats, ads, and whatnot. RC Willey had put an insert in the brochure to win a 32" flat screen tv. It told you to become a fan of the company on Facebook, and also write where you were sitting on their wall. I did so on my FB account, as well as Brian's. It said to check back on your post for a comment to see if you've won. Well, about 2 minutes before the first half ended, I checked my FB. 2 new notifications. 1 RC Willey responded to my post on their wall, 2 RC Willey messaged me to come down to guest services to claim my prize! I left from my seat immediately, but didn't catch the RC Willey associate in time. They wanted me on the floor during halftime, but we missed it! :( It really would've been an awesome experience to step on the court! It also would've been great to see Dan Roberts (the Jazz arena announcer who I knew through his kitchen & bath company). Either way, I was still stoked to have won! My cousin Aaron was at the Jazz game as well, and texted me that I was a brat, twice! lol!

After we met with the RC Willey associate, we went back to watch the second half. I had so much adrenaline running through me that I really enjoyed the rest of the game. A couple of memorable moments from the game: the kiss cam. Everyone always looks surprised when caught on it, it's so funny! At the end of that segment, a guy proposed to his girlfriend. I had so many emotions flowing through me already, that I teared up! lol! It was so cute! The whole arena just erupted in applause! Second memorable moment was at one of the timeouts, they were playing music, and again, the cameras were going around to people dancing. This little boy that was about 4 or 5 was dancing like crazy. They focused on someone else, then came back to this little boy. He was doing the robot! It was so funny watching him because he was SO GOOD! The arena again erupted in applause.

The Jazz of course won the game. I'm almost convinced the Jazz needs to give Brian season tickets. They haven't lost a single game that Brian has been to! After the game we went back to guest services to pick up our new tv! I was going to have Brian bring the car around, but the tv isn't huge, and we were able to carry it. One reason I wanted to bring the car around because I knew people would be looking at us carrying this tv to our car! LOL. We were right. I was worried about getting mugged! Heh! We got it set up last night in our bedroom, and now we need an HD receiver for it to get better picture quality out of it. For now it isn't so bad. While Brian wasn't hooking all the receivers and whatnot in the back of the tv, he pulled up one of the speaker cords, and it was under our clothes iron. Well, that dropped on my foot. Instant bruise! and goose egg! Felt like it broke something in my foot....ouch! LOL. It's doing better today though. End of a great night I guess! Hehe!

Today I felt a sense of euphoria all day. I don't know if it was just from all the adrenaline from last night or what, but it was great! I just felt happy! Didn't seem like anyone could get me down, and usually being in the retail field, customers find a way to tick you off in one way or another! I actually enjoyed working with customers, and helping people. I just felt positive all day long, and of course, who wouldn't enjoy that?

3 comments:

The Rogers said...

I need to be more positive too. I am stuggling cause I want another baby, and it just doesn't seem to be working. Anyway, after reading your post I am going to try harder.

Unknown said...

The Jazz are doing good again so you need to update your Blog. We'll see if that changes in the coming weeks.

Kerri said...

Jenna, it's fun to find your blog! Your resolutions sound great.