My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

08 December 2009

It's been a while

Well, the last little while has been a bit stressful, therefore, the blog has slacked a little.

I was unemployed for just about 2 months. In a way, it was a blessing in disguise. As many of you know, we had a pretty tragic thing happen in the family, and at the time, I was grateful to be there for Brian's family. I've gone through a lot of hardships in my family, and sadly know the ropes around hospitals and waiting around in them. I won't go into any details on this because it is still a sensitive issue within our family.

Shortly after that, my dad went into the hospital because he had peritonitis and gall stones. Double whammy. They thought the peritonitis was caused by a gall stone, but it wasn't. He ended up having to get his gall bladder removed because it was eventually going to be a problem anyway. They think that his peritonitis was caused by his blood pressure medication (lovely little side effects he's been having with it: coughing, peritonitis, and ok blood pressure). I am not very fond of St Mark's hospital though. The day after he was admitted to the hospital, they took him down for an MRI right when I got there. They told me it would take about 10 minutes. It took over half an hour. When he got back, not a single nurse came in to hook him back up to his IVs. I had to go out to the nurses station, and told them to do their job and take care of their patients. It didn't seem like they took care of him very well. And I do understand VERY well that they have other patients they have to take care of, but when a patient is in pain, running a fever, and in need of antibiotics, and the nurses are sitting on their butts doing nothing but chatting, I got a little ticked. Anyway, he was out of the hospital after about a week. Before they released him, they gave him a flu shot, and a pneumonia shot and him go home on Saturday.

Sunday I went over to visit him at home, and he was running a pretty high fever. I think it was like 102.3 or something close to that. I tried calling his doctor, but he wasn't available, so I called the nurses on the floor he was staying on before. They said to take him back to the ER. They admitted him again, thinking it was the flu. They then thought he had a reaction to one of the shots. He was then released 4 days later. All in all, I'm just glad he's doing better now. Hopefully having his gall bladder removed doesn't cause any pain or whatever that can happen with the removal.

I finally got a job 2 months after being unemployed. I work for a medical supply retail store on the other side of the city. It pays really well, and when the benefits kick in, it'll be awesome. All in all, I needed a job change. I wasn't appreciated at my last one, I don't think in the least bit. Not to mention not seeing a single raise.

Brian and I are doing really well otherwise. Brian seems to be staying busy at work, so that's always good. He's had a couple of band gigs at a couple of bars, and he is absolutely amazing! I'm so proud of him! He sings and plays bass really well. I've always admired his talent on the guitar and bass, and I love seeing him do what he is passionate about.

Thanksgiving came and went pretty fast this year. We went down to Brian's Aunt and Uncles in Lehi this year. They have a REALLY nice house. It was good to catch up on things with everyone in Brian's family. I'm super excited that we will have a nephew in May! Jamie is super cute pregnant! They also had picked out a name for him: Layne (Sean is a huge fan of Alice in Chains, and Layne Staley. I also think it's funny that my middle name is Shelayne, and I never picked up on that spelling until recently). I made a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert too. First time I've ever attempted cheesecake, and it was a hit! It was so yummy!

My parents went up around Logan for their Thanksgiving dinner. We would've hit both places if we didn't have the dinners so far apart! We ended up doing another turkey dinner that following Sunday. I love love LOVE my moms sweet mashed potatoes! Super delicious!

I couldn't hold out much longer, I ended up putting my Christmas tree up Thanksgiving night. I was all ready to decorate when I got into the balls, and they didn't have any hooks. I was pretty disappointed, seeing as Friday was Black Friday, and I didn't want to attempt going out shopping! We ended up going out at about 5:30 that Friday night to hit Rue21's sale (the whole store was buy one get one 50% off). We then went to Target to get hooks. We ended up buying a bunch of dvd's though, because a lot of them were around $3.00. We also got The Office season 4 for $12.99. Anywho, the tree was finished Saturday because we went out with some friends Friday night to the Bayou because he was in town from Montana. He's a good family friend of the Freeman's, and of course us too.

My mom's birthday was this past Saturday. It was good to see my whole family get together. Mom made potato soup, and clam chowder. I'm not the clam chowder eater, so that's why she makes 2. Super yummy. I've always loved her potato soup! Bailey's getting so big now too! She's 9 months as of yesterday! She now has her bottom 2 teeth. She's also into EVERYTHING! LOL! She loved helping grandma open her presents! A little preview for Christmas. I got mom a pedicure spa foot bath with some nail polish, scrubbers, and whatnot. I hope she's happy for it! Now to think of what to get her for Christmas! She also got a screwdriver set, and a wrench set, because it's always so hard to find a screwdriver or whatever else there! LOL. She got a 5-disc cd changer, and a couple of dvds. I hope she had a good birthday! I'm sure she loved having Bailey there too. Nathan and Jessica went to a movie that night, and my mom got to watch her =).

All we're doing lately is working, and getting ready for Christmas. I haven't done any shopping yet, but it's because I'm clueless on what to get people! I've also got Brian's brother, Kevin to shop for since I drew his name. Brian got his fiance Nicole, so maybe we'll get something for the both of them. Who knows. They're getting married next June, finally! LOL. They were engaged longer than we were!

I'll try to keep up on posting! Life isn't as stressful as it has been in the last few months!

No comments: