My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

09 September 2009

Haven't posted in a long while. So I thought I'd update.

As of last Thursday (9/3/09) I was laid off from my job. I've known it was going to happen sometime in the last 6 months because of the slow down, and also the splitting of the 2 companies I've worked for. I got a one week severance from one of my companies, but don't expect one from the other. I'll be drawing unemployment until I find another job, but the job market is scarce right now. Maybe I shouldn't be picky, but I'd like something with the weekends off. But I am ok for this week and next week. I can also do sales for my dad's insulation company to keep the money steady. As of right now, I've been 2 days without a job, and I'm already stir-crazy. I have however cleaned out a closet, and also gotten quite a few loads of laundry done from our camping trip.

For labor day weekend, we went to Flaming Gorge with Brian's family. It was a lot of fun, and a good way to clear my head from the things at home. My boss (at the time) wasn't going to let me have the Friday off because his anniversary was the same weekend, well, the same DAY, and said that his FIVE year anniversary was more important than my ONE. I couldn't believe he said that! Anyway, he told me about Caffall laying me off, and told me that I could work for him for 2 days a week. HA! I can't survive on 16 hours! Are you kidding me?! And he said I could have Friday off. How nice of him! *rolls eyes*.

Anyway, back to Flaming Gorge. We headed out Friday morning. How nice it is to have a SUV! Everything and Sadie fit in just fine with some room for Sadie to spread out. I much more prefer traveling in the SUV with Sadie over the RSX! We towed Jamie & Sean's (Brian's sister and brother in law) 4wheelers up for them because they were also bringing their jetskis. We got up to the Gorge at about 2:30, and started settling in by setting up the tent, getting the air mattress set up, and whatnot. Brian's brother Kevin & his fiance Nicole were the first ones up at the Gorge. They got there about 10 I think and got a great camping spot on the beach. We were all thrilled! Joe & Cindi, Brian's cousins came next,  and then Brian's Dad, then Jamie & Sean, then us. That first night was bitterly cold though! I would say in the thirties! We didn't sleep well at all.

Saturday we were joined by Joe's coworker Craig in the late morning. This was the main entertainment of the weekend! Craig decided he wanted to be close to the lake or something. Well, if I were him, I wouldn't have driven where he did! He started driving near the shore line, and it was VERY wet and muddy! Well, he got his truck, and his trailer STUCK in the mud. He spun out his wheels, and the mud was half way up his tires, and definitely up to his axle! We were all just saying and thinking "what the hell was he thinking?!" It took over 2 hours to get that out. They tried digging it out, that didn't work. They tried using a tow rope, that didn't work. So what finally did work was they jacked up the truck and put some gravel underneath the front tires, and some wood underneath the back tires. After about the 2 hours, Kevin finally was able to pull him out with his truck. He ended up parking his truck and trailer on the road! I had no doubts that the Paulsen boys wouldn't be able to get that truck out!
 
The rest of the weekend was just relaxing. It didn't get too hot, but I still ended up getting sunburned somehow even though I stayed in the shade the majority of the days. I wussed out on wakeboarding because the water temperature was COLD! I'm one who is still learning, and still fall, and I didn't want to get my head wet. LOL. We rode the fourwheelers, and I got some good reading in (reading New Moon again before the movie comes out this November). Brian's brother-in-law Sean and his friend that came up with them built an amazing fire pit!
We came home Monday, and got home about 2:30. Brian insisted on taking us out to dinner for our anniversary. I was a little skeptical about it since I just lost my job. But I'm not really worried about money right now. We'll get by just fine. I can't believe it's been a whole year since we've been married though! Next month we'll have been together for 5 years! Time flies! Anyway, here's some other pictures from our trip:

No comments: