My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

27 April 2009

It's been a while since I've posted, so I'll update a bit.

Bailey turned 7 weeks old last Saturday. She is the cutest baby! She's developing a little bit of a personality, and I just love that little thing to death! She's trying really hard to keep her own head up now, and she's to the point where she wants to be held upright to see what's going on around her. Nathan and Jessica have adjusted fairly well as parents (besides a few irritating arguments we've had!). Every time I look at that baby girl, I just am so in love. Being an aunt really is amazing, and I love it!

Brian went to Vegas two Saturdays ago for a "fun" sign supply convention. They flew him to and from Vegas on the same day. He was pretty exhausted on Sunday. He's been practicing with his band every Tuesday and Thursday. They don't have any shows coming up that I'm aware of, but I'm still patiently waiting to see them play live (normally they play at bars). He's also excited about the playoffs, even though the Jazz will probably be out by game 5 or so...He's been working hard at work, and doing really well.

Sadie's as hyper and happy as ever. I feel bad because I'm basically working 2 jobs now (I work part time with my dad at night), and that amounts to about 60+ hours a week, so she's been cooped up a lot in her room. She's loving the warm weather since we can go outside and play with her. I can't wait to take her to the dog park. She definitely needs some socialization! LOL. She loves other dogs! We've been taking her running every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She LOVES it! As soon as Brian's alarm rings at 6 am, and Brian gets up and puts his sweat suit on, she gets super excited! We have the Gentle Leader for her, that she seems to not enjoy so much. It basically goes around the base of their skull, and up on their nose so it keeps their head up while they're walking, kinda how the mom's do when the puppies are first carried around in a way. Anyway, she hates the thing on her nose. She hasn't had any problems pawing at her nose (imagine a rabbit cleaning it's face with both paws, but fiercer) while jogging with Brian, well, every time I go, she seems to stop several times! I don't know exactly what it is, but it's frustrating because we have to stop and get scratched because she won't let it be. She ALWAYS does it when I'm there or walking her by myself. Lame!

Anywho, work is going ok. We've been a bit slow the last week, but the weather's been pretty lame. It was snowing/hailing for a few short minutes on Sunday, and it rained all weekend. Today was pretty nice though. In the low 60s. Be prepared east coast!

I've been working with my dad with all the fun stuff for the insulation rebate stuff. Not the funnest job, but it pays well, and anything we can get right now is just great. We owed taxes this year....so that set us back quite a bit. We're holding up ok though.

Tonight we went to Brian's friend's wedding. They've been dating for like eight years, so it's about time they got married! HAHA. It really was great seeing them happy though. Lisa was absolutely beautiful! It's just great that they found each other to share their lives with. I look back at where Brian and I have come from, and am just greatful for every single day with him. He's a great husband. Cooks, cleans, takes the dog out, bathes her...could you ask for anything more? I know he's going to be a good daddy when the time comes. He's not selfish at all (one of my favorite qualities in him).

I've been thinking over a lot of things like weddings, and babies, and all that fun stuff. All the good people in my life. Family especially. I am so greatful for little Bailey Faith! She's the most adorable little thing ever! I am so glad that she is as healthy as she is. I just hope she continues to be and has the best life possible! Seeing that little girl is just an amazing feeling, and I can't wait to experience that as a mom (it's not happening for a while guys!!!). Doesn't help that everyone around me has one (or in some of my friends cases....2!). But we definitely want to settle down a bit more. I want to get my medical crap taken care of, and maybe in a couple of years. My family, and Brian's, have been really great to us. We couldn't ask for better family's.

1 comment:

Carl & Kell Christopherson said...

Wow two jobs your brave lol your neice is sooo cute! dont you just love being able to play with them then give them back at the end? It's crazy how everyone is having babies i feel left out! but im o with it for now! hahaha