Early this morning, we woke up to Sadie barking, and huffing and puffing (she does this every time someone knocks or rings the doorbell at the front door). Brian gets up and looks out our window wondering who the hell is ringing our doorbell at 5:10 in the morning. We weren't expecting anyone, and if we were, I'm sure they would've called us first. Anyway, as Brian's looking out the window, there's an SUV parked on the corner of our house with their lights on. The guy gets back into his vehicle and drives around to the back of our house. Brian told me to get my phone, and be prepared to call the cops. As the guy drove around our house, he backs up and faces his SUV at the back of our house with the lights on. He then starts honking. Brian told me to call the cops, and so I did. I told them that there is a possible home invasion that could happen, and we needed someone there. They ask for the description of the vehicle (it was dark, so you couldn't see much, but he knew it was an isuzu in a dark color). They asked if we could see the person in the vehicle, and of course we couldn't. Then they asked for a license plate number. We couldn't see that either. So they sent some cops over.
Brian decides to turn on the light to let him know that we are aware that he's there. The lights that we have out back are motion censored, so when it detected that there was no movement, it turned off. The guy gets out of his vehicle and walks around the side of our house. I was getting a little nervous by that time, but the cops showed up right then. The guy ran back to his vehicle, but the cops had his lights on as if he had pulled him over, and I believe another cop's vehicle was blocking so he couldn't leave. They talked to him (I wish I could have known what that guy was doing there), and they took some of his papers. They were out there for about 15 minutes or so. I don't know if the guy thought he knew who lived here or not, but I did not recognize him at all. I don't think the cops thought he was a threat because they let him go. But 2 cop cars stayed behind for a while, I think just in case.
We both tried to get back to sleep, but my heart was pounding with fear of what could have happened. Brian was also coughing up a storm, so every time I'd get somewhere close to sleep he would cough =(.
I always worry that something bad might happen. Sadie may bark at someone, but I don't know if she would ever attack. I don't think I'd want her too, though, because what if they shot her? She is part of my family, like my own daughter, and I would be distraught if anything happened to us or her. Brian doesn't believe in having a gun, and I am with him on that. People tend to shoot people they know, rather than someone who's breaking in. I told him we need to get a baseball bat though. I'm also thinking of getting an alarm system set up for my house.


3 comments:
Thats so weird! Im glad you got it all figured out...weird things like that would always happen at my parents house. Luckily we havent had anything like that happen to us....not yet at least!
Wow, scary!! Glad you guys are okay!! I hate it when stuff like that happens because then I'm paranoid for the next few weeks =P
Double Frick that's intense! I won't trust isuzu owners anymore...
Post a Comment