My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

03 December 2008

Sadie's Vet Appointment

Last night we took Sadie to the vet. For about 2 weeks now her breath has been smelling "fishy". Now who wants to be licked by that?! Yuck! I wasn't too concerned for about a week or so, but on Friday not, I was on the computer, and I could just smell this "kipper snack" smell in our office. I couldn't figure it out! Then I saw that Sadie was panting (it's not even hot here!). I smelled her breath, and sure enough, it was her. I started to research "fishy dog breath" on the internet, and a few things said that I should go smell her urine (yeah, I know, gross). I did, and it was bad. This could be caused by her glands being infected. I called the vet on monday and asked what I should do, and they suggested to bring her in. We scheduled her an appointment and went in last night. They weren't concerned about her urine at all. They said it was highly concentrated (she said just to have water available to her at all times), but no sign of infection. The doctor suggested that I get her teeth deep cleaned. This requires sedation, and I'm thinking around at least $150. I'll be calling around today to see what vet's are charging. They do a deep cleaning which includes laser removal of the plaque, and they go under the gumline so they don't miss anything. If anyone has any suggestions for vet offices, please let me know. We always take Sadie to the Cottonwood Animal Hospital. I would like a vet that would take the Care Credit credit card, since I have that for medical expenses, and it would help with the christmas season.

Update: Sadie has an appointment set up the day after Christmas. Brian and I can't afford to miss anymore work, and we both have that day off. The procedure is going to be $200, and then if we want to do bloodwork, it's an additional $70, and then if they need to do a catheter, that'll be another $60. I'm glad this vet place accepts the Care Credit credit card.

No comments: