My World

Sadie Ladie

PitaPata Dog tickers

19 December 2008

New Year's Resolutions

So I've decided I need to blog my new year's resolutions. I always think of them, never write them down. Go me! Seriously. This next year I want a lot of things to get taken care of. So here is my list:

1- Get back into shape. Being on birth control, and not to mention, lack of exercise, I've gained quite a few pounds. I would like to lose 15-20 lbs. Now, don't give me grief about how I don't need to lose weight.....I've gained 10 lbs this year alone, and I am NOT happy with that. I know I'm not as healthy as I could be. When I met Brian, I was a size 3....not so much anymore. I want to get back down to a 4, then I'll be happy. Lately I've just been getting depressed with how I look to myself.

2- Keep the house clean and organized ALL the time.
  • This includes doing laundry earlier so I don't have to wait up at night to get the clothes out of the dryer so they aren't all wrinkly in the morning. AND hang ALL of them up in a timely matter
  • Vacuuming 3-4 times a week (keep the dog hairs to a minimum!)
  • Cleaning the bathroom at LEAST once a week
  • Mopping the floors a few times a week, not just once a week. I'm going to buy myself the swiffer wetjet! Makes life a lot easier
3- Start getting money saved up. Don't live paycheck to paycheck. This also means stepping up higher at work so I can make more money, in numerous ways.

4- Get Sadie walks in the morning and evening. She plays a lot, but does not get as much exercise as she should. Who knows, this could be with my exercise routine that I'll be starting!

5- On the weekdays, wake up at 6:15-6:30 so we aren't rushing out the door! Weekends, get up so I'm not sleeping away the day. (Hmmm, if I exercise more, I'll have more energy....I think there's a connection with all these!)

6- Be nice and kind to everyone around me. Meaning: try not to be so negative! I've been working on this for a while now, and I hope I'm seeming different in that aspect. I used to have such a negative outlook on life.

7- Start eating healthy. Cut the sweets and fattening foods. I'm going to start having my family over, and haven't talked much to Brian, but maybe his family over too, so I can start cooking from scratch and not out of a freezer, box or cans.

8- Sort of going along with #7, I want to spend time with family and friends more. None of Brian's siblings has seen our place, and we've been there for almost a year. We want to have some get togethers so we can keep up on family and friend relationships.

I'm sure I'll have a lot more. This is more for me, but if I have people helping me out, cheering me on (with the whole exercise thing! HA!), I think it'll be a better strength for me!

No comments: