day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
This one seems to be really difficult because nothing seems to stick out. Everything seems so routine.
Opa is finally home from St Joseph's. It took a lot of convincing on my family's side to let him come home. My dad called me, and since I work for a medical supply store, he asked me to bring him some things to make him more comfortable. I took almost everything to his house last night. He was so happy to see me. Aunt Karen is in town to help him transition and help a little bit until he gets settled. They have a home health person coming in 3 times a week to help out with his Alzheimers and some of his daily routines.
Grandpa is taking being dependent on everyone else hard. He hasn't had a haircut for a while, and he feels as if he's a burden on everyone for even asking someone to take him. My dad and I, and I'm sure everyone else have tried to convince him that it's now our turn to help take care of him. He told us that it's a big change because he always was the one to help everyone else out. I can sure understand where he's coming from.
When I was leaving, Opa told me that he and Grandma sure love all of his grandkids just as if they were their own children. He mentioned at how proud Grandma was of me, and wished that she could see how beautiful I have turned out to be. He sure does miss her, as do I. I told him we're there for him for anything that he needs, and that we all love him. I'm so proud of him for how far he's come in life. He's such a great example to all of us. Such a sweet and loving man.
Opa is finally home from St Joseph's. It took a lot of convincing on my family's side to let him come home. My dad called me, and since I work for a medical supply store, he asked me to bring him some things to make him more comfortable. I took almost everything to his house last night. He was so happy to see me. Aunt Karen is in town to help him transition and help a little bit until he gets settled. They have a home health person coming in 3 times a week to help out with his Alzheimers and some of his daily routines.
Grandpa is taking being dependent on everyone else hard. He hasn't had a haircut for a while, and he feels as if he's a burden on everyone for even asking someone to take him. My dad and I, and I'm sure everyone else have tried to convince him that it's now our turn to help take care of him. He told us that it's a big change because he always was the one to help everyone else out. I can sure understand where he's coming from.
When I was leaving, Opa told me that he and Grandma sure love all of his grandkids just as if they were their own children. He mentioned at how proud Grandma was of me, and wished that she could see how beautiful I have turned out to be. He sure does miss her, as do I. I told him we're there for him for anything that he needs, and that we all love him. I'm so proud of him for how far he's come in life. He's such a great example to all of us. Such a sweet and loving man.



1 comment:
He is the sweetest!
Post a Comment