Well, Brian's been nagging me on my Facebook about what I DIDN'T blog about :P
So far this year, I've been going to the gym 3 or more times a week. Joining a gym up by my work is probably one of the best things I've done for myself. For the early part of the year, I was going by myself. The motivation was great at first, then I got sick at some point, and it was harder to get back. With my gym pass, I'm able to bring 1 guest with me per day. My coworker had joined me a couple of times, but I found out that I was leaving earlier than when I just went by myself. She stopped working out after a while because she got the flu, and she hasn't worked out since. I didn't want to get into that funk. Brian finally decided to start joining me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I can't just back out because he drives all the way up by my work to go to the gym, so it's actually good that I'm getting pushed in some way. I've been a bit frustrated because I feel like I haven't lost much weight. Brian starts going with me, and you see the difference within a week. Men! I've been trying to eat healthier as well. This past week was my first week on an all fruit diet for breakfast and lunch. I do have a slim fast in the morning for breakfast to help with getting in protein and whatnot, so we'll see where this takes me. I eat a regular dinner at night with Brian, so the majority of my calories are at night. My pants don't fit anymore though. I got out of the truck on Wednesday, and Brian starts laughing at me. I thought he was laughing at the bird crap on my truck, but he says that my pants are way too baggy and wrinkly. Heh. I guess someone's noticing something better than I am, but I guess you're your own worst critic. I have lost an inch on my waist, and 1.5" on my hips. I know muscle weighs more than fat, so that's probably why I get a bit discouraged.
We've had some crazy weather here lately. We got up into the 70s mid-May, and then this past Monday, it snows. I got most of my garden planted in April when it was fairly nice weather. We got the bushes trimmed, flowers planted (I got snapdragons, my mom got me pansies, and I noticed that my roses have decided to spread themselves. Also, my asiatic lilies came back!!!). I bought some flower containers for our tiny front porch, and I absolutely love them! They're a dark copper color, and hexagonal. I got one really big one, which I put some of the pansies around, what I can't remember the other flowers, but they're purple and look like daisies. The other two, I bought Azaleas from Winco, but they're not lasting too well with the dramatic weather changes. I also bought some retaining wall bricks for my small garden as well. I had been wanting to do that since we moved in, but it get's quite pricey. My roses are coming in nicely, the snapdragons are getting tall and blooming, and with the Asiatic lilies coming in, I'm happy with how it's turning out. Brian's been working crazy hard on getting and keeping the grass green and healthy. I think we have one of, if not, the best lawn in our neighborhood.
Two Thursdays ago, we came home from work and found out that our garbage can had been stolen. Even now, I still laugh about it, because who would steal a garbage can?! I had to call up the City to see how we go about getting a new one. She gave me the number on the can so we could go looking around the neighborhood for it, but said if we couldn't find it, to report it to the police as stolen, get a case #, and call the city back with that number so we could get it replaced for free. Needless to say, we have a garbage can again.
Jessica's birthday was May 14. Nathan was sick with the flu or something, but had purchased tickets to see the band Flyleaf. He called me to see if I could go with her since he said he paid $70 a ticket (being at In the Venue, I doubt it was that much, but whatever). Being over 21 has its perks!! We got into the bar area, and they had some stairs that ran up alongside the stage, so we got pretty close! They also had a deck upstairs where people could smoke, but it was nice to just hang out up there and get some fresh air. Flyleaf is absolutely amazing in concert! The singer is probably one of the best I've seen in concert! I just hope that Jessica had a good time for her birthday!
I've only gotten to see Bailey a few times in the last 6 months. It really breaks my heart because I'm missing so much of her growing. She's getting so big: talking, perfected walking, and all those fun little steps. She's gotten to the point where she doesn't really recognize me, and I hate it. She used to reach for me, but not so much now. I got a chance to spend some time with her today, and I loved every minute of it! She loves playing peek-a-boo. She's such a little stinker though! She loves to dance, say dada, scream, smack....lol. I just love watching her with grandma and grandpa, and of course my sisters. That baby girl is SO loved!!!!
Back in February, the fridge that came with the house decided to take crap-out. We were trying to save the money for tile since we had torn down a wall, and ripped up so old carpet, but you need a fridge! Tile's taken a backseat at the moment, because the next big appliance is the washer! That's been on the fritz too! We recently got the water hooked up to the fridge so the icemaker works. It's so nice not having to remember to fill up ice trays!!! Sadie also loves it. Anytime you open up that bottom drawer (the freezer), she's right there begging for ice! Brian and I have been trying to teach her to sit on her butt kind of like a prairie dog stands on their hind end. Apparently we just need ice cubes! She now is pretty much a pro at it! Sometimes she gets a little too excited though and almost falls over backwards. She's got so a big, top-heavy chest, that it was such a challenge for her at first! But she's got it down now :).
Sadie's been loving the warm weather. When we let her out to go potty, she just wants to stay outside and smell anything and everything. Anytime I go out to water my flowers, she's right there because she likes to bite at the water...lol. A lot of the neighbors get a kick out of it! She gets soaking wet, but she doesn't care! She can't wait to go swimming I'm sure, and she'll get a chance this weekend if we can get out to go waterskiing. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
Brian's band, The Trip, "fired" their drummer a couple months ago. The guy was way too controlling, and stepping on everyone's toes. He cost them gigs, and just wasn't a good team player. Now that he's gone, they've got a new drummer, Curtis, who is pretty much amazing on the drums. He's the singer's husband, and they both have plenty of connections within the networks that they need to maybe help them get a little more recognized. I would love to see Brian go somewhere with his playing. I love seeing how passionate about music, and how much he loves to play the guitar and bass. I've been trying to get a little more involved with it by setting up a page on Facebook for them, and loading up some of their cover songs. We've got a steady fan base at the moment, but I'd love to see it grow a lot more.
Well, I think that sums up quite a bit. I'm sure Brian will find something else for me to blog about ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment